New York Institute of Technologyポスドク募集
The Zhang Laboratory (www.rnamodifications.org) at New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) at NYC’s Manhattan campus has an opening for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to develop direct RNA sequencing methods. This includes development of methods to directly sequence RNAs, to examine their associated modifications, and to explore the potential roles of RNA modifications in cancer biology and neurobiology. The candidate will work for a maximum period of three years with a team of faculty, students, and staff at both NYIT and CUNY’s Hunter College for an NIH-funded interdisciplinary research project. Candidates will have ample opportunities to acquire and develop new skills, work closely in a supportive, highly collaborative, and energetic environment with the PI and collaborators, and communicate results to the scientific community through conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
Under the direction of the principal investigator, the applicant will independently carry out activities performing laboratory research as well as:
• Guide research projects through experimental design, conduct of experiments, and analysis of data
• Maintain detailed documentation of the experimental work
• Present data within and outside of the laboratory group at meetings and symposia
• Work closely within the group and with outside collaborators
• Mentor students and technicians
• Maintain close communications with the PI regarding progress
• Write, edit, and submit manuscripts/abstracts detailing the results of the project
• Demonstrate integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork in all interactions
• A Ph.D/or equivalent with relevant experience in nucleic acid chemistry, sequencing and algorithm development, and/or LC/MS is preferred
• Experience in algorithm development for better mass spectrometry-based sequencing is a plus
• Highly motivated and independent, with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
• Exceptional organizational skills and excellent attention to details
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Good interpersonal skills
Application information: The position is open immediately although the start date is flexible.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, a description of previous research, research accomplishments, career interests, and three references to Dr. Zhang, Department of Life Sciences, New York Institute of Technology, 1855 Broadway, New York, NY 10023. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we may not be able to reply individually to all inquiries. All applicants, including those from abroad, must be able to come to New York, NY USA for an in person interview.